The Zahara Budgets module allows you to create a Budget against either GL codes (nominal codes) or Cost Codes.
Once a Budget has been created it can be assigned to a Project.
The order of actions would be to:
- Create your project – set the headline information – dates, big numbers etc
- Create a Budget and set the granularity to suit
- Assign the budget to your newly created Project
- Edit the Budget and now set the Nominal restrictions – perhaps map them to the Budget
- The budget will now display when the Project is edited as well.
Every purchase you make can now be allocated to the project.
You will now see the Project budget when editing the Project.