Unapproved Purchase Order detection
Added as part of release 54
You can ensure that your team are not circumventing your approval processes by turning on "Unapproved Purchase Order detection". A determined user may ignore your purchase order approval process and place an order with your supplier by simply handing out a PO number or placing the order manually before it's been approved.
"Unapproved Purchase Order detection" is designed to highlight when an invoice has been added against a PO that is either Pending approval or has been Rejected.
To enable this feature, head to Business > Settings > Validation > Unapproved Purchase Order Detection:
Once enabled, you can choose the following options:
- Highlight Documents: this will highlight to the user adding the invoice, that it's associated with a PO that is either Pending approval or Rejected
- None - This does nothing and perhaps only highlights it to the user adding the invoice
- Notify Head of Business - This will send an email (see template location below), to the user marked as "Head of Business" in Business>Settings>Defaults
- Notify Head of Division - This is the same as above, but the email will go to the user marked as "Head of Division" in Business>Divisions>Edit Division
- Notify Both - This is the same as above, but will send the email to both "Head of Business" and "Head of Division"
- Notify Email Address - This is the same as above, but the "Notification Email" box will then be available for you to add a specific email address to send the email to
- Restrict Invoice Posting - This will stop the user from being able to add the invoice to Zahara. This is not a recommend option, as it will mean that the invoice will sit outside of the system which reduces visibility of what is actually going on
There is an email template for these available in Business>Settings>Templates>Email Templates>Unapproved order detection
Second ref counter - Creating a separate purchase order number
ContextNormally a user of Zahara has the purchase order number generated as soon as the order is raised. An order is raised and sent for approval and the supplier can then receive a purchase order PDF with this number on it. The number is instantly ...
Invoice Processing In Zahara
Overview In Zahara you can record two types of invoices - standalone and those that relate to a purchase order. There are several different ways of recording an invoice in Zahara and there are two applications you can use to scan / load invoices - ...
Creating a purchase order
Creating your order The video below shows you how to create a purchase order. You can create a purchase order in two ways. You can either go to Documents > Purchases and click "New Purchase Order" or you can click + > New Purchase Order on the ...
Purchase Orders Explained
Overview In Zahara you can create Purchases. These are requests to buy things that can then be converted to Purchase Orders and sent off to a supplier. The Purchase order can then have it's delivery receipted - GRN and an invoice recorded against ...
Adhoc invoice approvals
What are Ad Hoc Approvals? In Zahara you can create as many pre-determined Approval processes as you need – for purchases and for invoices. These rely on logic to determine who the approver is or indeed if the Purchase or Invoice needs to go for ...